(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: El Cajon Councilmember, Businesswoman
- Mayor ProTem, City of El Cajon
- 2007 El Cajon Citizen of the Year, Presented by the Chamber of Commerce for Sacrifice and Dedication to El Cajon
- 2008 Distinguished Service Award, Presented by Kiwanis Cal-Nev Foundation for recognition of service to our Community
- 2008 Healthcare Heroes Award, Presented by Grossmont Healthcare District for Volunteerism dedicated to the health and welfare of seniors and families
- Founder of "Seniors on the Move" - A group of seniors that meets and discusses issues and solutions that pertain to senior citizens
- President, Mother Goose Parade Association - rejuvenating to entice tourism, economics/investors, and family unity which is the spirit of America
W. E. "Bob" McClellan
- PUBLIC SAFETY
John A. Martes
- Occupation: College Instructor/Commissioner
- Occupation: Accountant/Businessman/Consultant
- BS University of San Diego, Accounting & Business Adminstration
Margaret L "Marge" Carlson
- Bring new businesses and quality jobs to El Cajon and protect our current ones.
- Keep this city from entering into agreements with special interests as they did in the Safety Center land deals, which cost taxpayers over 11 million
- Implement a traffic management plan that includes a signal control light system that will save us gasoline and travel time.
- Occupation: Retired Teacher
- BA Elementary Eduacation : Fresno State
- MA Education: San Diego State University
- El Cajon Parks/Rec Comm 10 years
- EC Goals 2000 Citizens' Committee
- Friends of the Library Life long member
- Citizens' Police Academy Graduate EC
James G. Larson
- build a full service/emergency hospital in El Cajon
- bring in more innovated businesses/jobs to industrial park
- more transparency and public input in solving debt problem
Robert R. "Bob" Isham
- Occupation: University Professor
- Occupation: Registered Nurse
- High school graduate 1962
- USMC veteran, 1962 + 1965, honorable discharge
- Sixteen years in construction (heavy equipment operator 10 years)
- Graduated from Fresno State in 2000 with BS in nursing.
- Worked at Veterans Hospital in Fresno 1 year, V.A. San Diego 4 years.
- Currently working at Grossmont Hospital (2 years)
- No new taxes of any kind. The government must also bear some of the burden of our current economic situation.
- Maintain the police and fire departments to effectively help our community. Reduce crime and drugs. Serve as a resource to help the homeless
- Bring back common sense to government. The role of the government in a democratic society is to strive to benefit the majority.
- Occupation: Handyman/Student
- Occupation: Realtor/Notary Public
- Director/Board Member El Cajon Community Development Corporation
- Chair, ECCDC Housing Committee
- Chair, ECCDC Merchants Promotions Committee
- East County Construction Council
- ESDCAR Government Affairs Committee
Diana Van Kirk
- Budget Crisis/Economy
- Housing Costs/Shortages
- Business Recruiting and Jobs
Anthony J Chuisano
- Occupation: Office Assistant
- Occupation: Compliance Officer
- GRANTIE HILLS
- GREENFIELD JR HIGH
- GROSSMONT COLLEGE
- CUYAMACA COLLEGE
- TRADE & EXPOS
- I BELEIVE THAT THE 40,000 PLUS VOTERS TO MAKE CHANGE
- I BEILEVE IN THIS STAEMENT "PHONEY IDEAS ARE CALCULATED TO WIN ELECTIONS TO REALLY SOLVING PROBLEMS"
- I BEILEVE IN DARE TO STAND UP FOR THE CITY AND ITS GREAT CITIZENS
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
El Cajon City Council
Local News and Analysis
ABC 10 News San Diego
KPBS San Diego Public Broadcasting
NBC San Diego
San Diego Union-Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.