(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Ann B. Pierce
- Occupation: Board Member, Alpine Union School District
- Occupation: Incumbent/School Counselor
- Master's of Arts in School Counseling, SDSU
- California Pupil Personnel Services Credential
- Certificate of Specialized Studies, Service Delivery to Native American Children & Youth, SDSU
- Ann has been involved in PTA, PTO, SSC, and various district committees. She was the Facilitator for the Middle School construction bond.
- Ann has a long history of leadership and service to our community.
- Ann and her husband John have resided in Alpine since 1981. They are small business owners. Their three children were educated here.
Bill Weaver, AUSD Parent, Retired Engineering Technologist
- The current state economic crisis brings challenges to all districts. We must tighten our belts and continue to do more with less.
- With high stakes testing mushrooming, it is imperative that we develop best practices for assessment and data analysis--soon.
- Focusing on teacher rigor and the improved salaries to support them is a priority.
- Occupation: Consultant/Researcher/Writer
- Bachelor of Science - Engineering Technology, California Polytechnic University - Pomona '79
- Safety / Fire Protection Specialist and Consultant
- Past Property and Casualty Insurance Broker
- Risk Manager and Consultant to Many School Districts
- Past Professional Member of the American Society of Safety Engineers
- Professional Full Member of the Society of Fire Protection Engineers
- Assure that every child in Alpine receives the best learning opportunities
- That we manage the "Business of Education", and allocate our tax dollars to maximize learning for all kids
- Assure that the Teachers, Principals, and Staff of AUSD have all necessary education resources and teaching materials
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Alpine Union School District
Local News and Analysis
KPBS San Diego Public Broadcasting
NBC San Diego
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.