(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent; Retired Educator
- Bachelor's, Masters & Doctoral Degrees in Education
- VUSD Board Member since 2004
- Founding Dean of College of Education at Cal State San Marcos from 1990 to 2004
- Over eighteen years of experience working on education reform issues throughout San Diego County, including VUSD
- Former Commissioner, California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- State Delegate, California School Boards Association
- STUDENT LEARNING - The top priority must be increased student learning. District policy and budget must support teaching and learning above all.
- LEARNING ASSESSMENT - Our assessment systems provide teachers and principals timely data on student performance.
- SCHOOL BOARD OPERATION - Decorum has improved; the School Board is making professional decisions in a civil manner.
- Occupation: Community Volunteer
- Class/School/District Volunteer
- Former Professional Childcare Provider
- Former Childcare Consultant & Trainer
- Advocate for Parents and Children
Angela D. Chunka
- Provide quality educational programs that will give our children the tools they need to succeed in the 21st century.
- Develop career training and collge prep programs that will start students on the career path of their choice.
- Require independent analysis of current programs to ensure that they are cost effective, and the best we can provide for our students.
- Occupation: Parent/Instructional Assistant
- Del Norte Council PTA President
- Unit PTA President Six Years
- School Site Council 11 years-Breeze Hill/Lincoln/Madison - Chairperson 8 years
- District Parent Advisory Committee 8 years/Chairperson 1 year
- Boundary Committee
- Budget Committee
Stephen "Doc" Guffanti
- Preparing Students for the Challenges of the 21st Century by ensuring that every student in every school has access to the latest technology
- Bridging the Gap in Student Achievement by focusing on State Standard curriculum
- Increasing Accessibility and Communication between the District, parents, teachers, and school site administration
- Occupation: Physician/Teacher/Author
- University of Iowa School of Medicine
- Vista Unifed School District Trustee 86-90
- Vista Unifed School District Trustee 2000-2004
- Interim Physicians Innovation Award 2000
- All children reading and writing English at grade level or above
- Raising the education standards for our children
- Creating a safer community associated with quality education
- Occupation: University Science Lecturer
- Occupation: Estate Manager/Entrepreneur
- Diploma in Microcomputer Technology
- Associates Degree in Fine Arts/Graduated with Honors
- Certificate in Business and Computer Administration
- College Dean's list with 4.0
- Employment positions have included Production Supervisor, Group Leader, Apartment Manager, Estate Manager
- Summer Exchange Student to Germany in High School
- I desire to see every child in my district learn to read, write and speak English at grade level.
- The economy and responsible budgeting/spending are a focus of mine.
- Keeping children safe is important, but it's not necessarily a huge problem in the district.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Vista Unified School District
Local News and Analysis
KPBS San Diego Public Broadcasting
NBC San Diego
North County Times
San Diego Union-Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.