(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Parent/Community Planner
- Currently elected as Co-President (previously President) of the San Marcos High School Parent Club.
- Six-year volunteer (and overnight chaperon) on the High School's Senior Class Safe-and-Sober GradNite Committee.
- Serving on District Visioning Committee, and Facilities Committee. Served on Budget, Attendance Boundaries, and School Overcrowding Committees.
- Served as School Board Vice President in 2004. Volunteered as San Marcos Youth Baseball Coach, Assistant Den Leader, and Classroom Aid.
- Awarded San Diego County School Boards Association's "Parent Volunteer of the Year" in 2005.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Urban Planning and employed as Principal Planner for the City of Escondido.
- Promoting challenging curriculum aimed to increase academic performance.
- Constructing and modernizing schools to meet our needs.
- Demanding fiscal responsibility for maximum classroom benefit.
David Lee Horacek
- Occupation: Parent/Volunteer/Attorney
- U.C.S.D.; B.A.
- California Western School of Law; J.D.
- Founder: Valley of Discovery Education Foundation
- Appointed: San Marcos Ridgeline Task Force
- Board: San Marcos Youth Baseball
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Local Business Owner
- Active Parent of Two Young Children in the District
- Student Advocate and Volunteer
- Tax Payer Advocate and Volunteer
- Academic Achievement and Literacy - Every child must be able to speak and read English. Prepare all children for higher education and careers
- Fiscal Accountability - Tax payer dollars remaining in the classroom should be the rule, not the exception
- Facilities and Equitable Learning Environments - ALL STUDENTS attending SMUSD have the right to be housed in clean, attractive, and safe facilities
- Occupation: Senior Educational Consultant
- 20 years experience in education as a migrant tutor, teacher, reading specialist and principal
- B.A. in Liberal Studies with Spanish Emphasis from SDSU
- Ed.M. in Literacy and Family Engagement Emphasis from Harvard
- Ed.D. Candidate in Educational Leadership from UCLA
- North County resident since 1971
- Greater focus on mastery of English reading, writing and math skills for all students
- Assure all teachers are given the tools and support to be highly effective in reaching all learners
- Increase community engagement to make SMUSD a high performing and high achieving district
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
San Marcos Unified School District
Local News and Analysis
KPBS San Diego Public Broadcasting
NBC San Diego
San Diego Union-Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.