(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Sharon J. Jackson
- Occupation: Health Care Planner
- President, Health Care Marketing & Management
- Chair Marin Healthcare District Board 2007-2008
- Adjunct Professor Health Care Admin USF
- Guided 40+ Hospitals & Rehab since 1975
- Chair Calif. Assoc. of Local Mental Health Boards
- Who's Who in Medicine and Health Care
Harris F. "Hank" Simmonds
- Secure the future of Marin General as a free-standing, community hospital.
- Separate daily operations of the hospital from the crucial planning/financing work of the elected District Board.
- Stabilize operations and build credibility in capital markets to reduce the tax burden on Marin voters.
- Occupation: Retired Physician(OB/GYN)
- M.D.- UCLA
- Chief of Medical Staff-Marin General Hosp.
- Department Chair-OB/GYN, Marin General Hosp..
- Med. Advisor-Planned Parenthood, Marin (also volunteer MD)
- Medical Board of California-expert reviewer
- American Cancer Society-Med Adv Comm.
Archimedes "Archie" Ramirez, MD
- I want to save MGH. Not run it, just oversee management.
- I was asked to come out of retirement by the Medical Staff-MGH to run for this postion.
- I love MGH, spent over half my life working there, given time, effort and money for its betterment.
- Occupation: Neurosurgeon
- Incumbent, Marin Healthcare District
- Chief of Neurosurgery, Marin General Hospital 1981-2003
- Diplomate, American Board Neurosurgery
- Neurosurgery Residency, Walter Reed
- Combat Surgeon, Vietnam and Desert Storm
- US Army Medical Corps, 40 years
Francis W. "Frank" Parnell
- Protect public governance during MGH transition from Sutter to District
- New MGH using green building and green management principles
- Nurse Magnet Hospital Status for MGH
- Occupation: Physician/Businessman
- B.A., Clark U.; M.D., Georgetown U.: ENT training, U. of Wisconsin
- Medical practice in Marin & Medical Staff MGH - 28 years
- Founder and President, Parnell Pharmaceuticals
- US Army, Active Duty Viet Nam era and Desert Storm
- Deputy Commander 1000 bed Army Reserve Hospital
- College of Marin Board, 8 yrs., Pres. 2 yrs; Ross School Board, 8 yrs.
Peter Christian Romanowsky
- Successful collegial transition of MGH to community control
- Achieve seismic compliance and modernize the hospital
- Create stroke center and woman's breast health center
- Occupation: Minister/Entertainer/Artist
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Sponsored by League of Women Voters or Marin County
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.