(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Manuel G. Nunez
- Occupation: retired educator
- Social Studies Deg., 1958, CSU, Fresno
- Chair, '01-'02, Council of Great City Schools
- Chair, '01-'08, AMAE Scholarship Golf Tournament
- Chair, '85, 1st Annual Fresno Area College Night
- Chair, '85-'86, FUSD School Board
Esmeralda D. Diaz
- New Middle School in West Fresno
- New Facilities Bond Measure in '09
- Increased high school graduation rate
- Occupation: Homemaker
- Doctrate in medicine
- Former president od District English Learners Advisory Committee (Fresno Unified School District)
Paul H. Garcia
- Lower student/teacher ratios
- Build new elementary and middle school in area 2
- Stream line district spending to focus monies on students
- Occupation: Community Activist
- Chairman, Fresno Unified School District Bilingual Advisory Committee
- Vice-Chairman, Fresno Unified School District Human Relation Consortium
- Past Chairman, Southeast Fresno Neighborhood Watch Association
- Vice-Chairman, City of Fresno Roosevelt Implementation Committee
- Chairperson, City of Fresno Neighbors Againist Graffiti
- Elected member of Calwa Park Board of Directors and member of Fresno Unified Parent Involvement Committee
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.