- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Treasurer of California, 1999 - Present
- Fought for balanced budgets and fully funded schools and cracked down on corporate fraud to protect the pensions and life savings of families
- Invested state funds to create jobs and clean up the environment
- Created his own business, met a payroll, and built environmentally sustainable communities. Congress for the New Urbanism's Lifetime Achievement Award
- Former Chair, California Democratic Party
- Graduate, Harvard University and Coro Foundation Fellow
- Committed husband and father to three daughters
Top Priorities if Elected
- I will renew the promise of California by strengthening the middle class, investing in education, and building economic opportunity.
- I will fight air pollution and global warming by making California the world leader for renewable energy and clean vehicles.
- I will lead California toward quality, affordable healthcare for all and lower prescription drug costs
- Dianne Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi and Fabian Núñez
- California's Teachers, Firefighers, Nurses, and Police Officers
- Every major environmental organization, including the Sierra Club and CLCV
- Renewing the Promise of California
The Angelides Plan to Build a Better Future for
California and Middle Class Families, Seniors, Students, and Small Businesses.
- The Angelides Plan to Cut Middle Class Taxes
As Governor, Phil Angelides will enact a middle class tax cut. It will cut taxes for California's hard-working middle class families earning up to $100,000 a year, providing a total of $788 million of tax relief to over 4 million families each year.
- Clean California - The Angelides Plan to Combat Global Warming.
As Governor, Phil Angelides will address global warming by capping greenhouse gas emissions and reducing California's gasoline and diesel use by 25 percent in ten years.