(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: U.S. Representative
- Owner, Woolsey Personnel Service 1980-1992
- Human Resource Manager, Harris Digital Telephone Systems, 1969-1980
- BS, University of San Francisco - 1980
- University fo Washington - 1955-1957
- Chair, Sonoma County National Women's Political Caucus
- Bringing U.S. Troops Home from Iraq.
- Improving Schools for all Americans.
- Making healthcare a birthright of every American, not a privilege enjoyed by a few.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Partner, Consulting Firm
- Married 16 years, two school-age daughters
- Long-time Marin resident
- Senior partner at a global management consulting firm
- BBA, University of Notre Dame; MBA, University of Chicago
Richard W. Friesen
- Our children are badly under-represented. I'm campaigning for our kids' futures. I reject bitter partisanship at the root of short-sighted policies.
- We must strengthen child safety laws, especially against the threat of internet predators and date-rape drugs. We need to strengthen Amber Alert.
- We're piling massive debts on our children--currently half-million dollars per family. We need clearer priorities and spending discipline.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Business Consultant
- MA Clinical Psychology
- Small Business Owner
- 20 Successful years in the financial markets
- Board of Directors, Pacific (Stock) Exchange
- Built and sold a financial software company
- Developed training system for executives
- Unleash educational opportunities for all children
- Shift foreign intervention to homeland defense
- End corporate welfare
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: college professor
- Party: Republican (I endorse our primary winner)
- President of Books for Peace charity, contributor of $15,000 annually
- Married to Betty Ladd Halliwell for forty years, have niece & nephew
- Reform Coalition running mate of Marin County Senator Peter Behr
- Received most votes per dollar spent in June 2006 6th CD primary
- 15-year activist in fight against breast cancer (since wife's diagnosis)
- If you are thinking of voting for Mike Halliwell, you are five months late
- My chance of election is the same as all challengers in this state, 0%
- My lawsuit requires that I provide a way for all voters to vote for me
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
Capitol Advantage (Yahoo News)
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the line(s) for US House 6. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
- Key Votes in Congress
- Enter your zip and see how your U.S. Senators and Congressional Representative voted on many key issues
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.