(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member, State Board of Equalization
- Law Degree Georgetown University Law Center
- Honors graduate degree in finance - University of South Florida
- Currently serving as Chair - State Board of Equalization
- Fiscal policy is social policy
- Committment to community service
- Every elected office must be accessible to its constituents
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Taxpayer Organization President
- President, CA Club for Growth
- State Assemblyman, 1998-2004
- Republican Caucus Chair
- Chief of Staff, Senator Tom McClintock
- Audit agencies that hand out benefits to illegal immigrants.
- Fight to roll back double tax on gasoline by repealing sales tax on gas.
- Eliminate waste like the L.A. Unified School District, to ensure our tax dollars go to our classrooms, not the bureaucrats.
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Financial Systems Consultant
- Over 20 years experience in pension fund accounting, stock & bond investments, union dues accounting, and real estate mortgage loans.
- At-large representative, Green Party of CA Coordinating Committee
- Active in global economic justice, environment, military-to-civilian economy, and community-based economic issues.
- B.A. Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, Phi Beta Kappa
- M.Ed. Antioch University, Cambridge, MA
Elizabeth Cervantes Barron
- Work to change the political system so the budget will follow California's values, not campaign contributors' values.
- Ensure that taxes have the right balance between corporate & individual, wealthy & regular citizens, and pay-as-we-go vs. children-pay-off-bonds.
- Keep the good parts of Prop 13-era changes, making sure taxes don't make us lose our homes, AND correct the devastating betrayals.
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Retired Teacher
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Tax Accountant
- 24 Years as Business Owner & Tax Accountant
- Legislative Chair, Ca Society of Tax Consultants, 4 yrs in the 1990s
- President, Ca Society of Tax Consultants, 1995 & 1996
Warren Mark Campbell
- Representing the Interests of the Citizens of California
- Elimination of Wasteful Practices, Promotion of Efficiency, Cost Cutting
- Meeting One Year Budget Deadlines, Institution of 2, 4 and 10 Year Plan
- Party: American Independent
- Occupation: Minister
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Easy Voter Guide
Statements and Interviews
- Video Voter
- Select "Controller", then candidate name to see a statement by Chiang, Strickland, Tello, Wells. Produced by Center for Governmental Studies. (2 min. each)
- Free AirTime Project
- Select "Controller" then candidate name to see interviews of Chiang, Strickland, Tello, Wells. Requires Adobe Flash and Windows Media Player. Produced by the California Channel. (30 min. each)
Campaign Finance Data
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
News and Analysis
CBS5.com, SF Bay Area
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.