(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Spanish Teacher, Albany High School
- Co-Chair, Citizens for the Albany Shoreline
- Vice-President, Albany Teachers Association
- Past President, Albany High Site Council
- Precinct Co-Chair, local United Democratic Campaign, 2005
- Member, City of Albany Waterfront Committee
- Stop the Magna/Caruso Mall and Casino plans
- Establish a waterfront park as a legacy for the future of the community
- Foster outstanding community services and make Albany an even more outstanding place to live
- Occupation: Retired Public Health Administrator
- UC Berkeley BA and MSW
- 35 years of service in public health
- 10 years as the administrator of community mental health programs
- Neighborhood Emergency Preparedness Co-Leader
- Commissioner, Albany Parks and Recreation Commission
- Stop Magna/Caruso waterfront mall/casino plans
- Create a large Waterfront park as part of racetrack redevelopment
- Maintain and enhance city services (utilities, police, fire, schools)
- Occupation: Economist
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics for 35 years
- Assistant Regional Commissioner for BLS
- Member Albany Library Board since 1998
- Volunteer 15 years, Friends of Albany Library
- I've lived in Albany 22 years
- Fiscal responsibility - Albany needs additional commercial tax base
- Willingness to consider all views on Albany waterfront
- Help make Council more responsive to community, and more effective with staff
- Occupation: Real Estate Agent
- B.A.,Architecture, U.C. Berkeley
- Fours years volunteering in bilingual elementary school class
- Seven time House Captain with Rebuilding Together
- Red Cross Katrina Volunteer at Houston Astrodome and in Alameda Cou
- Eighteen years helping home buyers and sellers and investors locally.
- Albany Homeowner for 19 years
- Expand commercial tax base, reduce need for new parcel taxes.
- Always considers Albany's best interest first. in every decision.
- Stand up to the pressure from outside interests groups.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters Candidate Forum
News and Analysis
- Rebroadcast of Forum on ACTV Channel 33
Date: Saturday, October 17, 2006
Time: 2 - 4 PM & 6 - 8 PM
Contra Costa Times
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.