(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Planning Commissioner/Businesswoman
- Board Member, Garden Grove Hospital
- Board Member, Senior Meals on Wheels
- Board Member, Grove Theatre Center
- Member, Soroptimist International of Garden Grove
- Associate Member, Garden Grove Strawberry Festival
- Former Garden Grove Traffic Commissioner (Vice-Chair)
George Stephen Brietigam
- FIGHTING CRIME & PROTECTING OUR COMMUNITY
- CUT GOVERNMENT WASTE - No New Taxes or Assessment Fees
- INCREASE CITY REVENUE AND ECONOMIC GROWTH & RESTORE PARKS AND CITY RECREATION
- Occupation: Police Sergeant
- U. S. Coast Guard Veteran
- Delegate, Los Angeles Police Protective League
- Vice Chair, Garden Grove Youth Committee
- District Vice Chair, Boy Scouts of America
- Vice President, Garden Grove Resident's Association
- President, Champan Villa Home Owners Association
Paul "Tuong Thang" Tran
- Public Safety, get Police/Fire departments up to full strength
- Fight utility tax increases, cut waist and live within our budget
- Preserve Residential Neighborhoods, stop eminent domain abuse
- Occupation: Software Engineer
- BS (Computer Science) University of California, Irvine
- Television and Radio Talk Show Host.
- Vice President of the Vietnamese Community in Southern California
- President of the Vietnamese Oversea Journalist Assocation
- Cub Scout Leader
- Community Avocate 1984 to now
- I believe that city of Garden Grove must be an educational center to provide brain power to our nation so we can compete in global economy.
- Make city of Garden Grove a safest city the U.S. No gang-related crime. No sex offender.
- I serve the people of Garden Grove, not special interest group.
Robin (Peace) Marcario
- Occupation: Firefighter/Community Advocate
- Occupation: Educator
- B.A. Communications, Cal State Long Beach
- Teaching for five years
- Clerk for District Attorney's office, 5 years
- Board Member for Central Garden Grove Neighborhood Association
- Leader in our City's first successful referendum, people's veto
- Better communication between city, business, and residents
- Balanced budget
- Balance between development and open space (new parks)
- Occupation: General Engineering Contractor
- AA. Civil Engineering. Cerritos College
- BS. Civil Engineering. Cal. State Long Beach
Benny A. Diaz, jr.
- Attract more businesses into the city to generate more jobs
- Implement Better After School Programs for our children.
- Redevelopment projects with the best interest for our community.
- Occupation: State Auditor
- Bank Examiner, 2003
- Research Analyst II, 1998
- Agro-Business Representative, 1996
- Employment Program Rep. 1992
- Human Resources Specialist 1986
- Community leader 1985 to now
Brett A. Trimper
- I don't believe in increasing taxes to balance our city budget
- Protect our city's low crime rate by supporting our police officers
- To bring a fresh and positive outlook to our city.
- Occupation: Healthcare Contracts Manager
- Contracts Manager orthotic & prosthetic company
- Central Garden Grove Neighborhood Association Member
- Lead role in historic Gilbert St. Referendum
- Traffic suggestions implemented by the city
- Orange County resident for 36 years
- Father of 4 boys, 3 attending public school
- Safer city for our families
- Smart development, not just any development
- Better communication and responsiveness between the residents and elected officials
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|