(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Westminster School District
- Retired teacher
- B.A. and M.A. Degrees
- "Basic Education" Plan which stresses English, reading, math, and science.
- Give teachers more influence over important school decisions.
- Teaching good character and values.
Peter Chau Nguyen
- Occupation: City of Westminster Commissioner
- Occupation: Business Consultant
- Cultural Arts Commissioner
- Vice President, Westminster Friends of Abbey Center
- Volunteer, Girl Scouts
- Co-Founder, NBH Youth and Cultural Dev. Center
- Mentor/Advisor, Westminster High School KEY(Kiwanis Education for Youth) Club
- Co-Chair, UCI Southeast Asia Archive
Michael J. Verrengia
- Build Bridges among schools, parents and students
- Provide after-school tutoring programs that involve community members
- Improve our students' health through education, exercise and better nutrition
- Occupation: Reserve Police Officer
- Masters Of Boardsmanship & Masters Of Governance - Calif. School Boards Assn.
- Reserve Police Officer - Garden Grove Police Dept.
- Garden Grove Police Dept. Reserve Ofc. of the Year - 1986, 1987,2000 & 2002
- Calif. Law Enforcement Reserve Coodinators Assn. awards: Seniority Service - 1996, Patrol Service - 1999 & VALOR - 1997
- Calif. Reserve Peace Ofc. Assn. award: CALIFORNIA STATE RESERVE PEACE OFFICER OF THE YEAR- 2000
- Former PTA Pres., V/P and recipient of PTA Honorary Service Award.
- To provide a good sound "Basics" type of education for all students.
- Help students to develop good character, responsibility and values, which will be important for our future community leaders.
- Strengthen and expand the District's after school program to keep kids safe, and off the streets.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Westminster District School Board Candidate Forum
Tuesday, October 12, 7-9 p.m.
Clegg School, 6311 Larchwood Drive, Huntington Beach