(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Catherine G. McGough
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Huntington Beach City School District
- Incumbent, 30 Years Experience in Education
- Masters in Educational Administration, Mother of Three
- Manager, Adult Education Classes, Parent Education, Senior Citizen Classes, High School District Dropout Recovey Project
- Appointed by HB City Council to Children's Needs Task Force, 10 years
- Recipient of Two PTA Service Awards, member of numerous PTAs
- Resident of Huntington Beach for 28 years
- Hire and Retain the Top Teachers and Staff
- Continue Excellence in Student Achievement and Testing
- Closely Monitor Budget Priorities, Funding for Classrooms, and Modernization Projects
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Member Huntington Beach City School District Board of Trustees
- Marketing Manager ExxonMobil Corp.
- Community Services Commissioner, City of Huntington Beach
- We must handle the budget cuts forced upon our district by the State of California.
- We must continue to finalize the modernization of our schools.
- Continue the excellent test scores of all our schools which is proof ot the great education our students are receiving.
- Occupation: Community Volunteer
- B.S. Business Administration, Marketing
- Hawes PTA Board member & Music Arts Committee Chairperson
- Phone Bank Coordinator, HBCSD School 'Modernization' Bond Committee
- Past President, Huntington Beach Police Department Neighborhood Watch Program
- Past President, California Waste Association
- Past Chairperson, Hawes School Site Council
- Minimize and manage fiscal impacts (budget cuts) to student programs
- Create Board outreach to help foster districtwide sharing in the areas of supplemental student programs & staff development
- Provide a 'district parent' voice and viewpoint when reviewing and creating policy
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|