(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Teacher/Homemaker
- Middle School Teacher
- Mother of a 1st grader and preschooler
- School Volunteer
- Neighborhood Watch volunteer for 7 years
- Teacher Trainer for UCLA History-Geography Project
- Resident of Fountain Valley for 10 years
- To affect and maintain the high standards and achievements of this district
- To offer competitive compensation for our teachers and staff so that we continue to attract only the finest people
- To improve communication between the board and the community through frequent campus visits and meetings with staff and parents.
- Occupation: President, FVSD Board of Trustees
- FVSD Governing Board Member, 8 yrs.
- Community Volunteer, 20 yrs.
- FVSD "Outstanding Service Award", 1994 * HBUHSD Administrators "Volunteer of the Year Award", 1997
- Fountain Valley Educational Foundation Director, 12 yrs.
- National PTA Honorary Life Award * CA State PTA Honorary Life Award
- Former President - Moiola PTA, Fountain Valley High School PTSA, Huntington Union Council PTA, and FVSD Superintendent Parent Council
Christopher J. "Chris" Miles
- Continue efficient management of the District's fiscal resources
- Uphold high academic standards for all students
- Explore ways to increase employee compensation in order to retain and attract qualified personnel
- Occupation: Community Services Commissioner
- University of Southern California, Bachelor of Arts Degrees in Political Science & English
- Cal State University Long Beach, pursuing a Masters in Public Administration
- Member of Tiburon Homeowners Association
- Volunteer Teacher at Holy Spirit Church in Fountain Valley
- Commissioner for City of Fountain Valley Community Services Commission
- A more progressive curriculum focused on skills necessary for student success after elementary education
- Reinstitute reading programs attentive to students' needs
- Professional development for teachers and more classroom resources that further enhance student achievement
- Occupation: Teacher
- Public School Teacher for over 10 years
- Masters Degree in Special Education
- First hand experience working with teachers, parents and administrators
- Married and father of 2 future FVSD students
- Born and raised in Orange County
Patrick M. Kinsey
- Quality Education
- Community Involvement through team building
- Fiscal Responsiblity
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|