(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Board Member/Educator
- School Principal
- Administrative Credential in Education
- 2 Masters degrees, Chapman University
- Past PTA President, Honorary Service Award, Continuing Service Award
- Former Chairperson, West Orange County Chamber of Commerce Legislative Committee for Cypress, LaPalma, Los Alamitos
- Past 1st VP, Cypress Boys and Girls Club
Donna L. McDougall
- Continuing to address declining enrollment and related funding issues.
- Development of additional senior housing projects to be managed by the Cypress Education Foundation, which will augment the school district budget.
- Continue to focus on development of reading and math skills for all students
- Occupation: Board Member/Teacher
- Past President Orange County School Boards Association
- Delegate to California School Boards Association Delegate Assembly
- Past PTA President
- PTA Honorary Service Award, PTA Continuing Service Award
- Active Cypress residence for thirty two years
- Education Advisory Board--Calif. Dairy Council
- Continue to closely monitor District budget to provide the best support for students and teachers
- Continue support for Districts' strong academic program and opportunities for children
- Continue support of vital parent and teacher groups and district advisory committees
- Occupation: Cypress Business Owner
- Chair, Cypress Children's Advocacy Council
- Board Member, La Palma Intercommunity Hospital
- Member, Cypress Woman's Club
- 28 Year Cypress Resident
- Foster Parent-Teacher partnerships for improved literacy with an emphasis on reading, writing and arithmetic.
- Aggressively pursue grants and other revenue generating opportunities.
- Assure fiscal accountability in challenging economic climate.
- Occupation: Corporate Controller
- BA Social Science, Sociology emphasis; MBA in Entrepreneurship with Economics concentration.
- Twenty-seven years of experience in finance, cash management, cost control, revenue enhancement, variance analysis, auditing, budgeting, & forecasting
- Ten years each as a controller & as a bankruptcy consultant. Years of experience managing annual cash flows greater than 55 million.
- Both of my children attended district schools for seven years, Paid current PTA memebership in all nine district schools.
- Chair Advisory Comm for School Reopeining, Vice-Chair Advisory Com. on Uses of Surplus Property, Member Advisory Com. School Facilities Construction
- Chair Business/School Partnership Program, past member District Budget Com., District Advisory Com., & School Site Council
- I will request an operational audit of the district to find waste, inefficiencies, unfair practices, and the condition of the district's assets.
- I will monitor all financial reporting for mathematical and fiscal accuracy. I will enlist my friends, associates & connections with the party that
- controls the state legislature and that serve in the highest educational circles to help with district's funding shortfalls.
- Occupation: Sales Consultant/Coach
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|