(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Huntington Beach Union High School District
- Registered Nurse
- Nursing Degrees - Santa Ana College, Cal State Fullerton
- Director/High School Representative to the Orange County School Boards Association
- President, HBUHSD Board of Trustees 2003
- PTA Honorary Service Award-1994; PTA Continuing Service Award-1996; PTA Golden Oak Award, 1997
- Past President, Fountain Valley High School Education Foundation
Michael H. Simons
- Increase student achievement with highly qualified teachers
- Fiscal accountability and diligent oversight of Measure C bond dollars
- Ensure student safety and improve community communication
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Huntington Beach Union School District
- B.S. Zoology, Michigan State University
- D.P.M. California College Podiatric Medicine S.F.Ca.
- M.S. Medical Education C.C.P.M. S.F. Ca.
- Calif. Dept. Consumer Affairs/Governor appointment
- Community Services Commission/City ofHuntBeach
- Fiscal accountibility of recent Measure C school bond monies
- Priority funding of programs that have direct student benefit
- Continued increasing test scores with highly qualified teachers
- Occupation: Educational Consultant
- Occupation: Management Services Officer
- President of Citizens for Government Accountability
- I have worked at the University of California, Irvine for 24 years
- Manager of the largest department in the engineering school at UCI for 14 years
- Experience managing funds, preparing budgets, meeting budget goals
- Served on the Westminster Citizens Advisory Group and the Infrastructure Committee
- Community Activist, 31 year career of decision making, analysis and management
- Demand unbiased treatment of students regardless of race, sex, religion or national origin
- Demand greater accountability to taxpayers
- Work to strengthen basics and increase API Scores to 800 for every school in the district
- Occupation: Local Television Producer
- Receiving B.A. from the University of Southern California
- Active member at Grace Lutheran Church (http://www.gracehb.org)
- Participate in "Citizens for Government Accountability."
- Former president of my high school's Kiwanis Key Club volunteer organization.
- Participated in the California Junior Scholarship Foundation (CJSF) that interacts with Special Education students.
- Received prestigious "National Scholar/Athlete Award"
- Promote higher academic standards and achievement in English and Math.
- Fight to prevent future racial quotas & religious discrimination.
- Propose televising board meetings.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|