(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Suzie R. Swartz
- Occupation: Governing Board Member / Teacher
- Past SVUSD Board President and current Board Member; Graduate CSBA Masters in Governance
- SVUSD Representative and President Coastline Regional Occupational Programs
- Vice President Orange County School Boards Association and California School Boards Association Federal Governmental Relations Chair
- Former PTA President and Executive Board Member Saddleback PTA Council and Founding Member Asset Building Communities for Kids in South Orange County
- BA from University of California at Los Angeles plus additional Early Childhood Education Credits from Saddleback Community College.
- Teacher and proud recipient of Phi Delta Kappa Golden Triangle Citizen of the Year Award for Community Service to Our Public Schools
- Stay Focused on the Students to Maintain High Education Standards and Levels of Support for Our Schools
- Aggressively Pursue Funding to Lower Class Sizes, Restore Music and Science Programs, and Attract and Retain High Caliber Teachers
- Maintain Fiscal Responsibility and Ensure Focus Stays on Our Children - Put the Money Into the Classrooms Where it has the Greatest Impact
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Former President, Orange County School Boards Association
- Former President Saddleback Valley USD Board Of Education
- Former Branch President, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- President of International Fashion Jewelry Wholesale Company (S&A Wholesale)
- Elected twice to O.C. Republican Central Committee
- Cubmaster/Boy Scout Leader/Eagle Scout
Ginny (Fay) Aitkens
- Maintain Class Size Reduction Program in all grades where it is offered from state.
- Successfully implement the largest facilities renovation effort in district's history.
- Adequately compensate teachers, while restoring music and other previously cut programs, while balancing a tight budget.
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Saddleback Valley Unified School District
- Delegate to the California School Boards Association Assembly
- Graduate, CSBA Masters in Governance Program
- SVUSD Management Team Association Community Service Award 1999
Richard A. Martin
- Maintaining high standards and expectations for all students
- Continue recruiting highest caliber teachers and administrators
- Spend district funds most prudently to support student learning
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Candidate Forum
Monday, October 18th - Saddleback Valley Board of Education Saddleback Valley United School District Office, 25631 Peter A. Hartman Way, Mission Viejo at 7 p.m.