(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Kim Oanh Nguyen-Lam
- Occupation: Educator
- Education Background:*Ph.D.: 2002 - *M.A. in Ed Amin 1990 - * M.A. in Ed Psy 1983 - B.A. in Psy 1980 - * California Teaching Credential 1981
- Language Ability: English, French, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- Professional Experience: * - Interim Executive Director, Education Research Center + CLMER: 2003 + Pres
- University Professor, Teacher Educator, Staff Development Specialist, Project Director, Classroom Teacher
- President, La Quinta High School Parent-Teacher-Staff-Student-Organization, LQPTSSO, 2002-2004, Member PTSSO 4 yrs. *School Site Council 10 yrs.
- GGUSD Committee Member: Facility Management, Promotion and Retention, 2001-2002 , GATES Scholarship 2000-2002
- 1. Improving the rate of GGUSD graduating seniors eligible to attend CSU or UC schools
- 2. Raising the academic achievement of the students who are underperforming
- 3. Building two-way partnerships between schools-families-communities
- Occupation: Engineer/Attorney
- B.S & M.S in Electrical Engineering
- Juris Doctorate in Law
- Volunteer teacher
- Board member of several non-profit organizations
- Co-founder of an educational institution
- Has been working with public schools and government agencies as an advocate for education since 1990
- Support fiscal responsibility, higher educational standards, better communication between administration, staff, board and community
- Continue to enhance and fine tune the curriculum and teaching strategies in our school system to improve student learning and test scores
- Promote participation from local businesses - Support safe school, zero tolerance for illegal drugs and weapons
- Occupation: Community Volunteer
- Parent of 2 current GGUSD students, one 2004 graduate
- President, "Friends of Music" La Quinta High School
- 3 year contributor to Broad interview panel
- President, McGarvin Intermediate School PTSA
- School Site Council member, La Quinta High School
James D. "Jim" Warner
- Kids first - emphasize the basics, prepare all children for their futures
- Parent friendly schools - communication, encourage participation
- Safe schools - zero tolerance, expel disruptive students
P. A. "Tony" Wold
- Occupation: Retired Bus Driver
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|