League of Women Voters of California Education Fund
Fresno County, CA
March 2, 2004 Election
Council Member; City of Fresno; Council District 2 Voter Information
4 Year Term.
Results as of Mar 24 11:41am, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (33/33)|
42.1% Voter Turnout (14373/34158)
(31 Writein Votes 0.2%)
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent / Titular
- Ph. D. University of Wisconsin
- M.A. Syracuse University
- B.A. UC Davis
- Fresno City College Full-Time Instructor
- 6 years as County Supervisor in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Adult Educator of the Year
- Regional Cooperation -City/County Sharing of Services
- Economic Development -- specifically jobs
- Public Safety - specifically adequate police and fire protection
- Occupation: Automotiv/Farmer / Consultante de Automoviles/Agricultor
- Bachelor of Science in Business Marketing, California State University, Fresno
- Farm Bureau Member
- Fluent in English, Armenian, & Spanish
- Recruited by the F.B.I. in 1995 for special agent training
- 25 year resident of District 2
- Registered Republican
Kia Michael Karbassi
- Job Creation - Pro-Jobs / Pro-Business / Combating Unemployment
- Public Safety - Combating crime and car theft
- Improving our air quality and reducing polution
- Occupation: University Student / Estudiante Universitario
- Only Candidate Born and Raised in Fresno
- Attended Schools in Fresno Unified
- Local Family Owned Business (Persian Rug Collections)
- Earning a BS in Entrepreneurship at CSU, Fresno
- Founding Member of the Department of Homeland Security
- Keep your tax dollars safe through effective fiscal responsibility
- Support the Chaffee Zoo through a permanent solution to it's funding problems
- Promote cooperation between council members
- Occupation: Business Owner / Empresario
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
The Fresno Bee
The Fresno Bee
Fresno Citizens for Good Government
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: May 4, 2004 14:40 PDT
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.