- Occupation: Incumbent
- Menlo Park City Council Member 1996-2000, Mayor, 1998
- President, Earthquake Readiness, residential seismic restoration company
- Harvard College B.A. Architectural Sciences, Harvard Graduate School of Design, Masters in Landscape Architecture
- Director San Francisquito Creek Joint Power Authority
- Peninsula homeowner 29 years, past seven years living in restored 1920's home in the Allied Arts Neighborhood of Menlo Park
- Married 36 years to Marilyn, high school sweetheart form Chicago. Three adult children and three grand children.