(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Nathan A. "Nate" Miley
- Occupation: City Councilmember
- Chair of the Oakland City Council Public Safety Committee
- Executive Director of United Seniors of Oakland and Alameda County
Audrey Rice Oliver
- Transportation - Planning wisely for the future
- Health Care - Improving the current County System
- Social Services - Providing better prevention and intervention services
- Occupation: President/CEO
- Appointed as a Commissioner to the Commission on Building the 21st Century, by California Governor Gray Davis, 1999
- Appointed to the Federal Maglev Study Advisory Committee and is a Commissioner on the California High Speed Rail Commission
- Northern California State Chair to the White House Conference on Small Business, 1995
Brian A. Morrison
- Economic Development
- Occupation: Castro Valley Business Owner
- Planning & Zoning Committee Member
- Member of Castro Vallley Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Dublin Chamber of Commerce
- Vice President of East Bay Cancer Support Group
- Committee against violence in schools
- Member of Scholarships Inc. for needy students
Linda M. Tangren
- Transportation-Work cooperatively with all agencies to maximize effectiveness of transportation systems and reduce congestion.Improve road maintenance
- Financial-Strengthen long-term plans for economic well-being & financial management of the County. Scrutinize & allocate funding to get most out of $
- Public Safety- Ensure the greatest citizen safety by wise investment of dollars in police, fire, health, and court services.
- Occupation: Businesswoman/Community Advocate
- Two Terms on Castro Valley School Board
- Two Terms on Chabot-Las Positas Community College Board
- Affordable Healthcare and Housing
- Public Safety/Transportation
- Reduce or Eliminate the financial drain on our resources created by the Raider Deal
- Occupation: Director, Office of Human Relations and Diversity Affairs
- Resource Development Director, Alameda County Social Services
- Multicultural Multilingual Coordinator, Alameda County
- Oakland City Planning Commissioner
- Oakland Human Relations Commissioner
- Commissioner, State Commission on the Prevention of Hate Crimes
- Former ethnic studies instructor at several California colleges and universities
- Increase resources to children and family services
- Expand job creation and training; enhance business attraction and retention
- Tackle transportation problems
- Occupation: Bio-chemical Engineer
- AB,MS university of California at Berkeley
- Former Director,California State office of Small Business
- President,Transbay Enginerring and Builders
- Chair,Taxpayers for vote on Raider Deal
- member National Eagle Scout Association
- Member Oakland Grand Lake Kiwanis
Dan J. Scannell
- Assisted living and day care for seniors
- Pre Paid Health plan for the Working Poor
- Housing working people can afford
- Occupation: Legislative Analyst/Consultant
- I have over 15 years experience as a Senior Policy Analyst.
- I've worked for United Way, the National Student Lobby, Yes on Prop 105, and other non-profit public-interest organizations.
Mark Henry Breazeal
- Community Revitalization - Improve economically depressed business districts (MacArthur Blvd., etc.) to create pedestrian friendly "Main Streets."
- First Time Home Buyer Program - We should develop a comprehensive program to help working families buy a home.
- Raiders marketing Plan - Petition the NFL to lift the television blackout policy to properly market the team, increase sales, and reduce the debt.
- Occupation: Economist/General Management
- Attended San Francisco State UniversityGen. Mgr. & Economic Advisor for Simas Bros Gas Stations and Prperties & Ashland Oil Co. of California
- Awarded the International Carnegie Medal in Recognition of an Outstanding Act of Heroism, 1998
- Self-Employed Business and Economic Advisor/Consultant for small businesses and trucking companies.
- I invest in collectibles.
- Property owner
- Children, Women, Families, putting money back into your pocket and letting you decide what to do with it, with no tax increase.
- Improving transportation infrastucture with smart growth. I will stimulate business opportunities and improve job creation in Oakland, C V, & East Bay
- I want to ensure quality healthcare for everyone. We need to bring more effective health care into our schools that involves students and parents.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.